Schedules are physically stored as XML files in the schedules/ folder of your project. As scripts are referenced through relative file paths the suites will remain functional when the whole project is moved or renamed.
Create an empty Schedule
Suites may be easily created and maintained through the Scheduler tool. To create a schedule, do one of the following:
- Right click the Schedules node in the Project View and select "Create schedule..." in the context menu.
- Click the Schedule tool bar button.
- Select Script->Schedule in the main menu.
The blue rectangular object subtitled "Start settings" represents the top level schedule object. The "Start Type" property defines how the suite should behave when it gets started (see Execute Schedule for start up options):
- Immediately after start up - The schedule will start executing the scripts without any delays.
- After the specified delay - The schedule will start executing the scripts after the specified timeout.
- Regular schedule (cron) - The schedule will start executing the scripts repeatedly at scheduled intervals. It can be used for scheduling such as for example "execute the scripts every Monday at 10pm". In this mode the schedule will not stop after the tasks are executed but it will keep running until it gets stopped or the Robot process gets terminated.
- At the specified date - The schedule will start executing the scripts at the specified date and time.
The Report Details section allows to configure how the schedule report is created:
- The "Save report to" drop down is by default set to store the schedule report to a unique folder under the project report location. This is a recommended setting because it displays the reports under the Results node of the Project View. The other drop down option allows to customize the target report file.
- The "Use custom XSL" field allows linking the report with an external XSL file. The report itself is an XML file which links to an Extensible Stylesheet Language (XSL) file to enable viewing in any XSLT compliant web browser. You may customize the XSL file to modify the report appearance and link it through this option.